In my efforts to cut back on some of the unhealthy carbohydrates, the pasta lover in me is starting to experiment with wheat noodles. I grabbed some wheat linguine noodles today to make dinner.
I would not consider this to really be a low carb meal, but I consider it to be a bit healthier than my usually method for linguine that usually involves a lot of butter and regular noodles.
Chicken Wheat Linguine in an Olive Oil Parmesan Sauce ingredients (feeds 2-3):
- 1/3 box of 13.25 oz wheat linguine
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast sliced in 1/2 inch by 1 inch slices
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1 cup sliced green zucchini
- 2 white mushrooms chopped
- 1 small sprig of fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese
Boil water and cook noodles until they are al dente, strain and set aside.
Throw all other ingredients except the parmesan cheese and noodles, into a wok and cook until the the chicken slices are cooked thoroughly. Add noodles and parmesan sauce, add additional olive oil if needed. Cook until cheese is slightly melted and serve..