Typically I prepare this the evening before we eat it so that it has all day the next day to cook on low and it is ready when I get home.
Ingredients for meaty crockpot chili:
- 1 large steak cut into small pieces
- 2 cans black beans drained
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 4 oz can green chiles drained
- 3 medium tomatoes chopped or 1 can tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 oz bottle of beer
- Sour cream
- Shredded Mexican cheese mix
- Tortilla chips
Mix all of the main ingredients in a crockpot and cover and keep in fridge overnight. In the morning place the chili in the crockpot on low and let cook (usually 8-9+ hours while I am at work). Add salt to taste.
Add a dollop of sour cream, some shredded cheese and serve the crockpot chili with tortilla chips.