I love crock pot roast beef because I can do all of the preparation the night before and have it cook all day while I am in the office. I get as much of the preparation done the night before. My husband loved this roast beef, and commented that it was “just like his grandma makes.” Which I will take as a compliment as his grandma is an excellent cook. We served the roast beef with homemade mashed red potatoes and butter.
Ingredients for crockpot roast beef rub:
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Additional slow cooker roast beef ingredients:
- 1 5-8lb roast
- olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red cooking wine
- 1 medium onion cut into quarters
- 2 red potatoes cut into halves
- 1 celery stalk cut into 2 inch length pieces
- 2 cups of baby carrots
The night before I prepare the dry rub for the roast beef and coat the roast beef in a little olive oil and red wine vinegar, then coat the roast in the dry rub. Place the roast with the extra rub in a sealed container in the fridge overnight.
In the morning add the vegetables to the bottom of the crockpot and place the roast beef on top of the vegetables. Cook on low 8-10 hours..